Our highly skilled veterinary team is experienced in the most common veterinary surgical procedures. We perform spays and neuters on dogs, cats, rabbits, rats and some other species, tumor removal, abdominal surgeries, and most orthopedic procedures, all under the safest possible anesthesia and with the utmost attention to patient monitoring. We strive to make our patients and their families as comfortable as possible, from your pre-surgical consultation to your pet’s dismissal and aftercare. We’re with you every step of the way, applying our commitment and expertise to ensure a safe procedure and a smooth recovery.
Our surgeries include the following:
- Placement of an IV catheter and administration of IV fluids to ensure venous access and maintain blood pressure
- State-of-the-art equipment to monitor your pet’s heart, lungs, oxygen saturation levels, and temperature
- Pain management before, during, and after your pet’s surgery
- A veterinary technician to monitor your pet throughout his or her surgical process, from placing him or her under anesthesia, through the surgical procedure, and during his or her recovery from anesthesia
We will call you with an update once your pet has recovered from anesthesia. We understand that it can be very stressful when your pet is in surgery. Therefore, you are always welcome to call at any time to request an update on your pet.
Important Information for Your Pet’s Surgery
- No breakfast the morning of the surgery.
- You may leave water out for your pet prior to surgery.
- Please notify us of any medications given 24 hours prior to surgery.
- We may require an exam and pre-anesthetic bloodwork if your pet has not been seen by us recently.
To schedule surgery for your pet, please contact us.
If you are considering having your cat declawed, please read our philosophy about declawing cats.